Captain Robert Wood
U.S. Coast Guard License #1949242
USCG 100 Ton Master License, Great Lakes and Inland Waters
USCG 50 -Ton Master License, Near Coastal
Junior Navigator – United States Power Squadrons
First Aid and CPR/AED certified
I have always been interested in the sea. I am an avid reader of anything nautical – fiction or non-fiction. I am a non-smoker, moderate drinker, safety-conscious and in good health with years of nautical training and experience.
- Over 50 years of sail and power boating experience primarily on Lake Ontario and adjoining waterways
- United States Coast Guard Reserve – Honorable Discharge
- Skipper or crew on numerous bareboat charter cruises in Caribbean, Mediterranean and U.S. waters since early 1970’s
- Crew on 37 foot cutter-rigged sailboat on transatlantic voyage from New York harbor to Azores
- Delivered boats on Lake Ontario and Trent-Severn Waterway in Canada
- Past part-time operator of 54′ Erie Canal tour boat
- Owner-operator of Pearson 30 sloop for 26 years
- Owner-operator of C&C Landfall 35 sloop for 10 years
- Sodus Bay Maritime Captains Association
- Sodus Bay Yacht Club
- USCG Auxiliary Certified Instructor
- USCG Auxiliary Certified Vessel Examiner
- Teach and train new or inexperienced boaters in on-the-water settings.
- Transport boats from one port to another.
- Captain vessels carrying passengers for hire such as tour boats, charter boats and ferries on Lake Ontario and adjoining waterways.
Cell Phone: 585-330-5934