Captain Michael Parks
U.S. Coast Guard License # 8196386
● USCG 50 Ton Masters License, Near Shore, with Assistance Towing Endorsement
● Dockmate installer
● Marine Electronics Installer
● Tow Boat operator
● First Aid and CPR/AED certified (Provide own Defibrillator)
● Red Cross Lifeguarding with CPR/AED Certified
Safety equipment: Defibrillator, Electronic charts for the area traveling, Satellite communication for offshore tracking (allows you, family and friends to follow the trip regardless of cell service), and EIRB satellite rescue beacon to deploy Coast Guard if needed.
I am fortunate that my passion for boats is also my job! The greatest part of my travels is sharing my knowledge and experience with my clients.
My experience includes extensive experience traveling up and down the East Coast on various types of vessels:
● 224' casino cruise ship
● 100' dinner cruise vessels
● LMC 8 military landing craft
● Motor yachts
● Pleasure craft
Type of drives:
Volvo Penta Pod, Zeus Pod, inboard, outboard, IO, and jet drive.
Navigated Waterways: Great Lakes, Mississippi River, Saint Clair Lake and River, Detroit River, Welland Canal, Erie Canal system, Saint Lawrence Seaway, Hudson River, East Coast (outside and intracoastal), Chesapeake Bay, Delaware Bay, Bahamas, and Sint Maarten.
- Sodus Bay Maritime Captains Association
- National Certified Dockmate Partner
I prefer to transport with the owners but can find a first mate for pleasure craft and assemble a team for commercial vessels. I like to cover about 200 miles a day when possible, doing washdown and engine checks daily.
Phone: (585) 721-6236